This week, we are proud to bring back THEY LIVE: A Visual and Cultural Awakening from our good friends at Rough Trade. Currently sold out by the publisher (and not scheduled for reprint), these are some of the last copies in the world. Get one while you can!
A visual celebration of one of the '80s most revered cult films, and designed as a perfect replica from the film’s iconic magazine stand, this book touches on topics that are as relevant now as they were then. Politics, art, music, comics, literature, philosophy, and of course film, are all represented. Leading cultural figures explore and examine the film’s influence and impact, beginning with a foreword from the film's director, John Carpenter.
THEY LIVE: A Visual and Cultural Awakening will be available Friday (6/28) at NOON (CT) via mondotees.com.
THEY LIVE: A VISUAL AND CULTURAL AWAKENING (Regular Edition) - Edited by Craig Oldham and Published by Rough Trade Books. Expected to Ship in July. Ships Worldwide. $35
This book also includes:
- Subliminal commands hidden throughout the book
- Original short-story in full by Ray Nelson
- Comic Book adaptation in full by Ray Nelson and Bill Wray
- Original contributions from John Grant, Slavoj Zizek, Shepard Fairey, Roger Luckhurst, and Brandalism
- Rare and unseen archive material from Universal Studios exploring the film’s genesis
- Specialist glyph typeface of the alien language (Formaldehyde-face)
- Rare archive imagery from Barbara Kruger, Jenny Holzer, Guerrilla Girls, the LA Times, the Reagan family, the Trump Campaign and WWE