Available on vinyl for the first time, Mondo is proud to present Bruce Broughton's score to Fred Dekker directed, Shane Black scripted cult classic The Monster Squad.
The Monster Squad tells the story of six suburban kids who go toe-to-toe with some of the baddest monsters of all time: The Mummy, The Wolfman, The Gillman, and Dracula join forces to unleash evil on the world, and only the titular "Monster Squad" (with a little help from Frankenstein's monster) can stop them.
Produced by Mike Matessino and Dan Goldwasser. Cut at 45RPM for best possible sound quality, and pressed on 180 Gram Amulet Colored Vinyl.
|Property||The Monster Squad|
|Liner notes||Eric Vespe|
Bruce Broughton's score brings a chilling center to this otherwise kid-friendly endeavor. Bringing to life a story of Kids versus universally-beloved Monsters in a modern era is no small task, but Broughton captures the adventure and spirit of childhood and crafts an iconic score that bridges the gap between two seemingly disparate genres.
01. Main Title / The Van Helsing Prologue (7:23)
02. Scary German Guy / Bat In The Hold (1:57)
03. Let It Begin (0:41)
04. Lock Me Up! / Wolfman Wakes Up (1:33)
05. Monster Music (0:52)
06. Class Reunion (3:28)
07. Mr. Alucard (1:07)
08. Mummy's Gone / Making Plans / Phoebe Meets Frank (3:01)
09. Van Helsing's Diary / Monsters (2:07)
10. Walking Dead Guy (1:18)
11. Scary Mask (1:51)
12. Rock Until You Drop (3:11) - Performed by Michael Sembello
13. The Old Wolfman Ruse / Not Clark Kent / Twinkie Creature (2:25)
14. At The Mansion / On All Sides (3:14)
15. Recovering The Amulet (2:18)
16. Goodbye Band Aid Breath (1:46)
17. At Sean's House (2:40)
18. The Vampire Killed / Kill A Wolfman (5:02)
19. Creature Carnage (1:33)
20. Phoebe And The Count / The Final Vortex (6:31)
21. End Credits (4:23)
22. Monster Squad Rap (3:06) - Performed by The Monster Squad